koreaspondent

Saturday, April 07, 2007

What about the FTA?

No, really! What about it? I just got back from a two week vacation in the U.S., and only heard from a coworker that a negotiation had been reached, and now needs to be approved by each government. I didn't even know that there. I got back to Korea, and everyone at work kept making sarcastic or deriding comments about the U.S. All the Korean news programs were about how horrible it was for Korea and why did they even negotiate in the first place. Then someone at work asked what the reaction in the U.S. was. I said I didn't even know it had been approved and nobody there cares. Just to check, I did a search on NPR, and they have only one story that mentions it in passing, along with FTAs in Panama, and some other country. That was it. Nobody cares in the U.S. That amuses me even more to tell that to the Koreans and see them realize that it really doesn't matter to the common U.S. person.

2 Comments:

  • Dude, where have you been?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:07 PM  

  • No comments about Cho? What's up at LG?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
koreaspondent.blogspot.com/