koreaspondent

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Is that 북창동 as in "北娼洞"?

After having originally heard of 북창동 (buk-chang-dong) on another blog (same title as this post), I wondered if that kind of stuff was actually going on. Well, I can say I have been there and don't really know yet. Last week, my boss and a coworker were having dinner with some other people from our company. After dinner, they grabbed my arm and said "we have some stuff to take care of in the office" to the other people, and thus excused us from the group. They then said, "let's go sing some songs." So we went over to the happening part of 여의도 (Yeo-ui-do) if there is such a thing, and they could not remember where any "good places" were. So my boss said, "Let's go see 지영", apparently knowing some person in another 노래방. so we hopped in a taxi, and to my surprise, my coworker told the taxi driver to go to 북창동. Hmm... I had never been there, but only ever read the post in the aforementioned blog, thus I wondered what we were getting into. We quickly arrived, and then found the 지영 lady we were looking for and were ushered into a very typical 노래방 (at least typical for the ones that provide women). Then 20 minutes later, in come the women. I am thinking, "hmm... from what that other blog said, these women are going to start doing extreme stuff." But it turns out my coworkers found the only 노래방 in 북창동 that doesn't do that stuff. I am not sure if they thought that this was the 북창동 that everyone talked about, or what? So we hung out and they got drunk for a couple of hours (I don't drink). Then my boss calls back in the hostess after the girls leave and says, "Now we want the 북창동 girls. The alcohol and women before cost 540,000 KRW, so I am thinking surely this will cost more for 북창동 women. But she is saying it will just be 500,000KRW, but we need to pay in Cash. Well, my boss said okay, but it turns out everyone else in 북창동 was busy with 북창동 girls, and so after ours were delayed a bit, we ended up leaving without ever meeting the 북창동 girls. I guess what puzzles me about this situation is why would you not just order 북창동 women in the first place? That just seems doubly dumb to me. Not only do you have to pay twice, but you are way too drunk to comprehend what is going on by that time anyway. Well, the one thing I did learn is that 북창동 is right behind 시청 (city hall), which makes me think there must be a lot of politicians going there), and not all women in 북창동 are 북창동 women.

2 Comments:

  • It's right in FRONT of City Hall, behind the hotel and right by Samsung's HQ.

    By Blogger taemin, at 9:14 AM  

  • yeah, I noticed that. So you have lots of horny men from affluent organizations who can afford to spend money there...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
koreaspondent.blogspot.com/