koreaspondent

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Letdown at Hooters: Food, not Women

So like many bloggers in the Korean blogesphere, I took a trip to Hooters, and now am going to write about it. As you can see, one of my friends brought his daughter. She is posing with an I Love Hooters balloon. How cute! I first wondered if having a young gal around would dampen the atmosphere, but quickly came to realize there was about as much atmosphere to dampen as at McDonalds. I was not very satisfied with the experience. I guess having heard stories about the U.S. Hooters, I was expecting there would be more cleavage to hide from, but none of that here.
I'm not ripping on the girls, because most of them were pretty (b cups at best, but I prefer petite women ). But from what my more experienced companions said, the women in the U.S. have real cleavage, and it pushes their uniform far enough away that... well, you get the point. Plus the uniforms are a bit more low-cut. You can see one shot of the restaurant with a nice side view of the uniform. Look at those bumps!Not on her, those do not qualify as much more than pebbles. I mean the sign up above. Here is a closer view of it. That is just amusing, because nothing with that shape was anywhere to be found. In fact, the restaurant is pretty small, and just feels like some really small restaurant. It has no feeling of being a pub or bar or having any kind of reason not to take kids there. I'd say they have not done that good a job setting up the image of the restaurant to match with the reality. Well, it was true that the justification we had for going there was the food. So how was the food? I can only say that it was very,very underwhelming. I had a beef Phillie, and it was a nice, big sandwich, but it was very dry and not that good. I think an Arby's Roast Beef would be better than this one was. Then there are the chicken wings and legs pictured here. They were the skimpiest, leanest wings I have ever had. I could not believe they would sell them at fairly expensive prices and call that their famous wings!
Well, needless to say, I cam away disappointed. Even the little dances they do were really, really lame. You can see some people watching, but it wasn't even enough to catch our attention. With the expensive prices, the lame atmosphere, the poor food, I don't see any reason to go there. I guess it was fun to see pretty waitresses, but pretty girls in Korea aren't exactly a rarity. hmm... Better try a different place next time. If you're going for food at a good price. The Lost Nomad has some good ideas...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
koreaspondent.blogspot.com/