koreaspondent

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World

Two of my friends commented I had not posted in more than two months. The worst thing about that was that another friend's blog, which I thought was less well attended to than mine has a more recent post. So it is time to post some more.

Just a few things that I've noticed recently that show that Korea is a mad, mad, mad, mad country:
1. Police cannot trace the location of a cellphone: Just saw this report on MBC News. If you call 119, the fire hotline, they can trace your location. If you call 112, the police hotline, they cannot. Logic being that the police might use it to invade your privacy. Well, if I were a chick running away from a dude who was trying to do something to me, I would sure as hell want my privacy invaded. This is just some kind of weird flaw in logic. It is okay for every single damn organization in the country to demand your ID number, but heaven forbid the police find out where you are calling from when you report a crime.

2. Crazy M.B.: The dude is about as far off the deep end as you can get. He is so far off that he has started bringing out the giant canal stick again. I thought that idea was dead and riddled with bullet holes. Apparently not. Anyway, his latest brilliant move was reduce the taxes on houses that are sold and wroth more than a million bucks, while increasing property taxes on everyone's house to make up the difference. Wow! That is a Robin Hood in reverse if I've ever seen one. Good job M.B.! I think you will definitely win in the race to disgrace.

3. Dudes in double trouble: This was on MBC too. So some dudes get drunk, and go to spend some time with the neighborhood ladies o the night. They don't have money so they ask the employees to go and get them money using their cards. Now, that is stupid enough as it is. But there's more. So the employees get the money for the dudes and then record the card number and PIN number (wow! what a surprise! you would think those prostitutes would be a little more ethical in their work life! I mean where are your morals for crying out loud? You would think they would even sell their own bodies if it earned them money... oh wait...). So then the employees make fake cards and start withdrawing money. Well, at this point, I would just shut down that account and realize I was stupid to have given my card to one of such high moral standards. But these dudes report it to the police. Now the police are investigating, but also planning on charging the dudes with involvement in prostitution. I like what the MBC anchor said "이종으로 혼나게 생겼습니다." Yeah, I'd say so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
koreaspondent.blogspot.com/