koreaspondent

Monday, May 19, 2008

배꼽은 배 보다 크다

I think this is a pretty good way to define 배꼽은 배 보다 크다. This is the new bicycle garage at the 영등포 구청. The big size of the building already points to the fact that it costs more than a bike rack. Here are a couple of better close ups.


I didn't try opening it and seeing if it cost money, but do you really need a separate garage for a bicycle. I know they are not only using my tax money to do this, but probably paying way to much for what it would cost if a person with a normal brain built it.

I would guess that they likely spent $300,000 (probably conservative estimate)building this. If they stuck that in the bank at 5% interest, they would get $15,000 a year. They could then buy 30 $500 bicycles a year. I somehow doubt that more than 30 bicycles were lost a year there. I would say just giving people money when their bicycle got lost would be a better use of my tax funds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
koreaspondent.blogspot.com/