koreaspondent

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Hyundai Steals a decent design


So I’ve started seeing the i30 from Hyundai everywhere. It seems like just a couple of months ago I saw it for my first time, and now I counted like 30 just on a single 10km drive in Seoul. Looking at the car, it is actually pretty well designed. I think Hyundai really put down the big bucks and either bribed a designer from VW to send them the plans for their mini-car, or paid a really good lawyer to figure out how to rip the design off without getting caught. Oh wait, I just found out which. If you check this story out it says they did ge ta designer from Volkswagen.
Either way, the car is pretty nice looking. I’d imagine if you got a souped up one of these, it would look all right. The price ranges from 12-19k, so it is not bad in that regard. Too bad everyone discovered it, because now everyone has one and it is no longer cool. I guess it does speak to the power of a well-designed car. Too bad Hyundai and Kia hasn’t applied that principle to any of their other cars, like the Sonata, Grandeur, E-Quif, etc.

1 Comments:

  • I agree. I also think the new Pride is pretty okay.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
koreaspondent.blogspot.com/