koreaspondent

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Iron Man! Go See It!


There are some good things about life in Korea that do not relate to women and no enforcement of driving laws. One of them is that all new movies premiere here, since Korea’s (see IMDB)large population of pre-pubescent netizens are very good at providing instant copies of all new movies for sharing on-line. The movie companies got smart and decided that it was better to get the ticket sales from opening night and still get some revenue than premiere elsewhere and lose all sales to pirate versions released before the movie opens in Korea.

Well, I went and saw Iron Man that premiered today. It is apparently the first Marvel Comic Book series that Marvel produced directly, and I have to say I hope this is the start of a long and fruitful career for them. The movie was excellent. No sex (well, sex scenes, but no actual sex), no swearing, only off-screen or momentary violence, etc. The movie has lots of great action, a fun story, witty lines. It is all around a great movie. Robert Downey Jr. does well as Iron Man, and Gwyneth Paltrow does a good job as an older 아줌마. I didn’t realize it was her, because she used to look a lot younger and sexier like 10 years ago. I guess you are getting older when you remember her as being young and sexy when she started out her career (at the same age as you) and then you think she is an 아줌마 (albeit a pretty one) now. Anyway, go see the movie. It is well worth it. They are going to make a killing on it as it was a “low-budget” movie at only a mere $100 million (It is sad that $100 million is considered low-budget now, but I guess it apparently is). Spider man apparently cost 3 times that to make, and I really think Iron Man is better. Maybe that’s just my dislike of a whiny, nerd as the hero instead of a cool, slick guy like Iron Man.

4 Comments:

  • Ah, so you guys did go to see it. I'll have to check it out!!

    By Blogger taemin, at 8:26 PM  

  • Okay. Seen it. It was pretty good, but now I'm interested in that new fangled 변강쇠 thing they were advertising at the theater. Unfortunately I didn't have the time to take it in.

    Say....

    Are you interested in the last Bourne film on DVD?

    By Blogger taemin, at 5:26 PM  

  • Yes I am. Also, are you goign to go see the racecar cartoon/real life animation? I forget the exact time, but someone else said I shoudl go see it.

    By Blogger Subman, at 10:57 PM  

  • Speed Racer? I didn't care for the original cartoon, and I've only heard negative things about the new movie...

    By Blogger taemin, at 4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
koreaspondent.blogspot.com/