koreaspondent

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Root beer worth its weight in gold


Look at this picture. Does that root beer strike you as being worth 24,000원? I agree that the previous price of 10,000 a case was really taking it up the tailpipe, but hey, we all are at the mercy of our root beer taste bud. I visited the hole-in-the-wall store that sells it today, and she announced that the heavy weight, and therefore the difficulty the person has in smuggling it off base has caused her to raise her price per case to 12,000원. That is like 4 times the price on base! I already had these in hand and had made the trip, so I bent over and took it like a man, but even my root beer taste bud will not convince me to go again for that price. I am going to have to buy some of the 1-liter bottles they sell in the food court every time I go on base, and then go and bug Costco about importing the damn stuff. They would have a corner on the market. If they can get crappy cream soda in, they can definitely do root beer.

2 Comments:

  • That lady's prices have been going up and up and up. It's really crazy... :(

    By Blogger taemin, at 10:38 AM  

  • Yeah, I have to say she has priced me out of the market now.

    By Blogger Subman, at 12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
koreaspondent.blogspot.com/