koreaspondent

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Naming Your Son the COO of Samsung?


I was astounded at Samsung’s announcement today. It read: “We bent you (you as in Korea collectively as well as all of our investors) over and had our way with you, and now we will go on ahead as if nothing happened.” Well, that’s not exactly how they phrased it, but that’s sure what they meant. They announced that their funny-looking (kind of freaky if you ask me) Chairman will now resign to accept responsibility for all the problems, including the tax evasion and illegal transfer of ownership to his son. In fact, he felt so bad about his role that he is naming his son as COO for his last act. Boy, that sure is one nice guy. I really think he is on to something. I think Clinton should have followed his example and instead of denying he had oral sex with Monica Lewinsky, he should have resigned and named her secretary of state.

I am just amazed (I shouldn't be, because all the 재벌s have their figurative way with the Korean people, but still, doesn’t this border on ludicrousness?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
koreaspondent.blogspot.com/